Rehab for alcohol and drug abuse is regarded as the golden standard for getting over an addiction problem. Anyone struggling with this problem is urged to go for treatment at a reputed rehab facility in San Clemente where they will either receive inpatient or outpatient care. If you are looking for drug rehab in San Clemente, CA, click here.
One of the tips given is to create new habits when you are busy recovering from abusing drugs. Another thing you need to bear in mind is not to be around the same places where you consumed alcohol and drugs. It is possible to be in these places as they are no good for you. When you are frustrated or under a lot of stress, old habits will become appealing and you may start the whole addiction process all over again.
This is why there is a strong need to set up a strategies that allows you prevent another relapse. To remain sober is about more than avoiding individuals that makes you think about drug use. You need to put in place a coping plan if you want to accomplish sobriety.
What are some practical suggestions you can utilize during your recovery procedure?
Adopt the following tried and tested relapse prevention philosophy:
- Do not wait until such time that you give into temptation before developing a set strategy to prevent relapse. Proper prevention requires of you to set up an actionable plan before you are discharged from rehab.
- Having a well-thought-out plan takes needs to involve specific individuals and places as well as accommodating your emotional state at the time.
- In a similar way, having a comprehensive prevention plan in place would identify relationships like the ones you have with family and friends that might lead you to return to your addiction.
- Ensure you have proper support systems in place prior to ending your treatment at a prominent San Clemente drug rehab center. What we are talking about is a network of friends or people who discourage substance abuse.
- Have a proper understanding of the various risk factors associated with a relapse. Some of these may involve emotional triggers such as a health issues, a new job, or boredom.
- Follow a set program that would accommodate relapse prevention. You need to remember that you were within a protected environment when attending a rehab. Outside of the rehab facility, you are likely to encounter various factors that are not within your control. No matter what, you have to follow a set plan even when the unforeseen occurs.
Tips on How to Prevent Relapse
Take note of the following advice to avoid a situation that may bring about another relapse:
- Put a list together of triggers and stay clear of the ones you can. Be sure you have an backup plan so you will know what you need to do once you found yourself in a stressful situation.
- Learn to deal with negative emotions as they arise rather than letting them fester.
- Stay away from those who encouraged you to use drugs in the past.
- Source healthier way to manage anxiety and stress.
- Eat right and do exercise.
- Ensure you become productive by starting a new hobby, volunteering, or working to keep yourself busy.
How Can You Deal with Mental Urges
It is normal to experience cravings, fantasize about using drugs or drinking again and have positive memories concerning the people and places to do with your old habits. Once you experience these temptations be sure to make an effort regarding your thought processes to steer it in a positive direction.
Tell someone you trust what you are feeling. Preferably a person who has made it through the recovery process. Many a time, opening up will help make things a lot easier. Remember, most cravings do not last longer than 30 minutes. Distracting yourself will give enough time to get those thoughts to pass.
Do not think you are on your own in having to overcome your addiction. Your best chance to experience long-term success is to obtain help from expert addiction specialists. The best plans to prevent a relapse are the ones that are guided by psychiatric and medical professionals.
A Drug Rehab San Clemente facility set up customized aftercare and relapse prevention systems for those who finished an inpatient treatment program. Contact Total Rehab Solutions today at (888) 507-1355. Visit totalrehabsolutions.com / drug rehab in California